The Beat Goes On–September Events
Fall is here! This autumn we have a new set of Minnesota authors, musicians, historians and speakers all coming to the Moorhead Library with The Beat Goes On Fall 2012 Series. We got started this week with Annelee Woodstrom, author of the books War Child and Empty Chairs, who spoke about her experiences growing up in Hitler’s Germany and moving to the United States. We have two more great speakers coming up in September.
This Minnesota mystery author will be stopping at the Moorhead Library on Tuesday, September 11, at 10 AM. Anderson has written a series of mysteries set in places you may recognize, including Fergus Falls, Bemidji, and Rothsay! Join us to hear Anderson talk about his book and check out his books in our online catalog.
Come learn about the extraordinary work of the young men in the Depression-era Conservation Corps that advanced the conservation of Minnesota’s natural resources. Oral historian Barbara Sommer interviewed Conservation Corps members and recorded their stories in her book Hard Work and a Good Deal: The Civilian Conservation Corps in Minnesota. Sommer will be speaking at the Moorhead Library at 10 am on Tuesday, September 18th.
We have more great programs coming in October, so stay posted! Events in The Beat Goes On series are funded in part or in whole with money from the Minnesota Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund. If you like programs like this, be sure to let your legislators know.
- Civil War Nerd Trip
- Free Fingerstyle Guitar Concert – Phil Heywood
- Ventriloquist and Musician David Malmberg at the Library
- Travel the World with Peace Corps Talks
- Author Talk: Candace Simar, Abercrombie Trail Series
- Hot Reads for Cold Nights
- Moorhead Library’s Big Book Challenge
- Moorhead Library’s Favorite Books of 2012
- Learn to Make Rømmegrøt and Krumkake
- The Beat Goes On-November Events
- Adult Book Club: The Invention of Wings
- Adult Book Club: The Lowland
- Adult Book Club: I Am Malala
- Poetry Jazz Trio
- The Beat Goes on with Amanda Standalone and the Pastryshop Girls!
- Join us for Beginning Genealogy on April 9th!
- Make It Yourself: Button Jewelry
- Yarn Circle
- Peace Corps Series: Ukraine
- Adult Book Club: Life of Pi