Get Ready for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving is fast approaching! Are you ready? Check out some great library materials that will help make your Thanksgiving more enjoyable and less stressful.
Holiday Dinners with Bradley Ogden by Bradley Ogden with Lydia Scott
One of our frequent customers recommended this book to me recently. The recipes in the book look delicious!
Vegan Holiday Kitchen by Nava Atlas
Looking for a way to add some more vegetables to your meal? Or perhaps you have a family member coming who doesn’t eat animal products? Check out this new cookbook to gather ideas.
Balloons over Broadway by Melissa Sweet
This picture book about the artist/inventor who developed the giant balloons floating in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is and engaging and playful Thanksgiving read. The book won the Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal in 2012.
Thanksgiving is a great time to get started collecting your family’s oral history. If you live in Minnesota and have a LARL card, you can check out our oral history kit to get started. The kit includes a manual, digital voice recorders, microphones, and headphones.
- Virginia Mae Hope–WWII Pilot
- A Recipe to Remember–Free Scrapbooking Workshop
- Toni Stone–Minnesota’s Female Jackie Robinson
- Harriet Bishop–Frontier School Teacher
- Minnesota Children’s Author Mary Casanova at the Library
- Free Fingerstyle Guitar Concert – Phil Heywood
- Ventriloquist and Musician David Malmberg at the Library
- Travel the World with Peace Corps Talks
- Polar Explorers: Build a Sugar Cube Habitat
- The Year in Review: 2012 Highlights from the Moorhead Library
- Adult Book Club: The Invention of Wings
- Adult Book Club: The Lowland
- Adult Book Club: I Am Malala
- Poetry Jazz Trio
- The Beat Goes on with Amanda Standalone and the Pastryshop Girls!
- Join us for Beginning Genealogy on April 9th!
- Make It Yourself: Button Jewelry
- Yarn Circle
- Peace Corps Series: Ukraine
- Adult Book Club: Life of Pi